Thursday, July 28, 2011

WOC 2011

Trina and Jesse hosted our annual weekend of competition. Last year when I wrote about it I exaggerated (quite a bit) when I said the females won by a lot. This year I'm being truthful, each event was competitive, the guys beat us three to two. There were a couple of moments when it was pretty intense but in the end I think we're all still friends.

Out of order, the real fun after the kids are finally asleep. Discussing Scott's home run and his stint on a co-ed volleyball team in middle school. Wait, is it really co-ed if you are the only male?



warm ups


Females won basketball, it was tied after the first round so Deb and Dave did a shoot off. Deb won, the guys all whined that she missed spot number four but luckily Katy had taken a picture of her on it.








Next the guys beat us at Human Dutch Blitz. This was my favorite event, it was close, Ryan yelled at me for cheating (first time he's ever yelled at me), he was sore the next day and my knees were all bruised up from diving on the grass.















After Blitz we beat the guys at this pencil flip game, Trina was REALLY good, and Jesse wasn't quite as good as her...







After that was holey board, or washers. I didn't get any pictures of the actual event because it was a bracket so we did that one when we could fit it in, but here's Adie practicing. Guys won that one.



So going into Sunday it was 2-2, we played flip cup in the morning and the guys won. I'm ok with it though, especially since we beat them at basketball. Trina and Jesse were great hosts, we can't wait for next year!




























No comments: